Friday, September 22, 2006


Ok, I'm tired of the hotel stories. I'm not sure if anyone else is enjoying them, but I don't think I'm going to do that any more. Just so you're not disappointed, that was the warning.

What can I say?!? God is so good! I don't know what He's doing in my life, exactly, but I can definitely see Him working and showing Himself powerful! But that is one thing that I would like to ask you all to pray about: What God wants for me. I have peace about the direction I'm going, so far. What direction it is, exaclty, I'm not sure, but God is definitely leading me somewhere! Pray for wisdom in the decisions I make. I definitely need that. Especially for this summer. I'm not sure where God wants me. Right now, I'm thinking probably either a camp or traveling with a Maranatha group. I still have a few months before I would know anything for sure, I guess. Tryouts for Maranatha groups start in a couple of week, and that will probably go on for about a month. I made it to the last round of tryouts last time I tried out, so that's encouraging!

So, we're finally getting into the good stuff in choral arranging. We've finished writing the 4-part harmony, which was a lot of fun. Dr. Ledge says I have a "knack" for it! That's encouraging! It's the piano parts that I'm scared about. I never liked trying to do piano parts for my arrangements. We just started that, and the first one was due today. It seemed to go alright. Hopefully I'll be able to improve as time goes on!

Thought for the day: "I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven..." Nehemiah 1:4. Pastor Loggans preached on this today in chapel. Something he brought out: when was the last time you really cried for someone just for them, for completely unselfish reasons, just because you see their pain and you feel it as they do? Wow. He didn't say it exactly like that, but that's how I saw it. Completely unselfish...what a rebuke. I mean, I cry sometimes. Not very often, but usually there is at least a speck of selfishness in there somewhere. But to be in pain completely because someone else is in pain....what a thought.

No comments: