Saturday, September 16, 2006

The infamous room 102

So there's this guy (we'll call him "Bob") who's staying in room 102. He's been here for about 2 weeks. He's about the most annoying customer I've ever had. Bob is very dependent, and he loves to talk, especially when I have other things to be doing. He will come to the front desk and just talk to me about....well, sometimes nothing, sometimes too much. Too much, for instance, when he told me that he had been on the toilet the day before (TMI). He has probably spent a couple hours up here talking to me each shift since he started staying here.

So, that's not the story I was going to tell. That was just background. Last weekend, there was a blind man (we'll call him "Fred") who was staying in the hotel. Very nice gentleman, but he needed some help with things. Well, "Fred" was up here talking to me about some things when "Bob" walked by and saw me talking to "Fred." Well, being the dependent talker that he is, he got this look on his face that seemed to say something like, "How dare you talk to the front desk associate! That's my job! I'm so jealous!" It was really pretty funny!

While "Fred" may be gone, "Bob" is still here. He says he is looking for an appartment or some place to stay. If anyone knows of a place here in Madison, please let me know....all of us here at Microtel would appreciate it very much!

No comments: