Thursday, September 14, 2006

hippy dude

Ok, back to the hotel stories! There was this guy who was probably in his mid-20's that was staying in the hotel for like a week, and he had waist-long, curly hair, wore outfits that completely looked like they were from a thrift store (like the people on What Not to Wear, when they wear all kinds of things that look completely ridiculous), and was just kindof scary. Anyways, I have to be friendly to the customers. This guy came up and started talking to me. He was asking me what nearby restaurants I suggest. I gave him a couple of suggestions. Then he proceded to go on with this conversation: Him: "You probably have a lot of guys hitting on you here at this job."

Me: "No, not really. We mostly have businessmen during the week, and guys who come on the weekend normally are with their girlfriends or wives."

Him: "Really?!? I would have thought that more guys would hit on you. Well, I need to go take a nap."

A couple of hours later, he had a confession: "I guess I was asking if guys ever hit on you because I was kindof hitting on you." Scary. How can people do stuff like that? What are they thinking? Why would you want to flirt with someone you don't even know? Yes, this world is messed up.

So, today, I have my second voice lesson. Crazy, really, because I really don't want to spend the time or the gas to drive all the way back home after my lesson tonight, so I get to stay in the dorm. I'm kindof scared. It's been about 2 1/2 years since I lived in the dorms. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to handle it. Oh well! We'll see. Maybe noone will be sick, and I'll be able to stay in the health center with Nikki...hmmm....

Oh, and one more thing: I love Pearls Before Swine. Here's one of my favorites:

1 comment:

mbbcbc said...

Yeah, too bad that was like 6 months ago...before I knew that he had any interest. But, yeah, it's a good thing!!! :D