Monday, October 09, 2006

life's curveballs

Sometimes God allows "curveballs" in our lives; you know, when you think you know what's going on with your life, then everything completely changes? Yeah. For me right now, I don't know what God has planned for my life. A year ago, I probably would have said that I was planning to go to Wales, at least "for now." But now, God seems to be leading me a different direction. "Which direction?" you may ask. Yeah, that's the question of the day. I don't really know. There are so many different directions that I could go. That's always been my problem: I want to do everything. Well, almost everything. I never wanted to be a surgeon or a nurse or anything like that. Too much blood and guts and needles. I never wanted to be a sumo wrestler, either; I'm not big enough, plus, who in their right mind would want to wear nasty stuff that? I never wanted to be a pastor: the Bible says that only men are to be pastors. But there are so many different things that I might be able to do. How am I supposed to know what to do? Even the professionals don't know what I would want to do. My mom told me the other day that, when I took the ACT's and I did the test where they tell you what kind of job you might be good at or be interested in, my test came back saying something like: "your results are inconclusive. Your answers are so varried that we cannot give you an answer." How's that for help. And there are so many different things that I would like to do: maybe teach, maybe work full-time in a church, maybe just be at home and be a mom (assuming I get married and have children), maybe have a "secular" job and be involved in the ministries of the church, maybe write and arrange music (that would be really fun!). Maybe a combination of some or all of the things above. I'm willing to do whatever it is that God wants me to do, but I don't know what that is. And I know that God will show me what it is that He wants me to do, when I need to know. I just hate this "in-between" time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I can identify where you're coming from. And a big thanks for the comment on xanga. There's been some stupid drama for the last few weeks here that I would like to see ended. And some personal things that God has been trying for too long to get me to deal with. just frustrating now is all. (Midterms don't help matters either. ugh)
DW

Anonymous said...

yes, praise Him. For learning. Even if it is from mistakes.

Liberty said...

Don't we all hate this in-between time. And I know exactly where you are comign from. You just have to trust that God's way is perfect, his timeing is perfect, and his will for your life is perfect, and though this is a hard time because naturally we as humans do not like to be in the dark about things, God's doing a mighty work and someday you'll look back and see the results of a great God working out a perfect masterpeice and if you knew what God was doing in your life, then the final result wouldn't be near as exciting and awesome.