Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I did a search

Here are the results:

I Corinthians 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace..."

Philippians 4:7 "The peace of God...shall keep your hearts."

Colossians 3:15 "Let the peace of God rule in your hearts."

Psalm 71:1 "In Thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be put to confusion."

I must admit that I've allowed confusion to rule my heart, not the peace of God. God's peace will not necessarily make the confusion go away, but it will at least be able to give you the joy of the Lord, if you "let the peace of God rule in your heart." I've been wasting my time lately by not allowing God's peace to prevail in my life, and I've done some stupid things because of it.

What is peace? I've been asking myself that recently. I was looking through some old sermon notes last night, and I found a quote from one of the preachers saying that peace is a knowledge coming from God that lets you know that something is right. Ouch. I knew that, but I didn't want to think about it. Maybe I wanted something so much that I convinced myself that I had peace about it. Maybe the peace I had is for the future, that it will happen someday, but now is not the right time. I cannot see the future. I can hope, and pray. But God will do what is best; I just have to trust Him for today and have peace in what He has given me for today.

2 comments:

Liberty said...

I am praying that God will give you a peace and show you exactly what is his will for your life ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, This is a cool site! Thanks for sharing what God's doing in your life. I wish everyone new 'the peace of God ruling in our heart'. Keep sharing!