Friday, October 06, 2006

Irony

If you will notice, the top of my blog (I guess it's my blog name) is "'His way is perfect'-Psalm 18:30." Ironic how I needed that verse last night and was not expecting it. It was a rough night, and I really needed some encouragement. And I appreciate the encouragement that I get from my friends, but nothing is as encouraging as words from God. So, I was reading in II Samuel 22. Who would have guess that it had exactly what I needed?!? In the middle of all these stories about David conquering cities and other nations, David and his family problems, and all these things about David, the Bible includes a prayer song (psalm) that is also known as Psalm 18. It is almost word-for-word what Psalm 18 says. But I was reading along, just about ready to cry in the first place, then I came across my favorite verse, only in a different chapter and book than what I normally see it in. "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried; He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him." It was exactly what I needed. I pretty much started balling. That verse has helped me get through many other times when I don't know why God is allowing things in my life, and I don't understand what He is doing. That's kindof how I feel right now, but the verse reminded me that "His way is perfect." I have to keep remembering that I don't need to understand God's ways; in fact, I most likely CAN'T understand His ways. But it's ok, because God didn't make us so that we can understand His ways. He just wants us to trust Him for EVERYTHING. No matter how hard it may seem, it's always "perfect."

And something I need to keep reminding myself right now, one of my favorite quotes: "Keep breathing; it's good for your health!" Hope you all keep that in mind, too!

No comments: