Thursday, January 11, 2007

Reading

In my reading last night, I was in Psalm 139. Wow...let me tell you, there's so much in there! Let me give you just a little taste:

1 "O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me."


He knows me, even better than I know myself. He knows my thoughts, my desires, my likes, my dislikes, my loves, my hates, my past, my present, my future. He knows even the little things that we try to hide, the deep, dark secrets that we hardly admit to ourselves. He knows. Yet, He still loves us.


7 "
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."


God is with me wherever I am. Not only does He know what situations, trials, and troubles I am going through; He knows all the sins that I've committed or ever will commit. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Think of it...if God didn't know of all of our sins, how could He forgive all of them? If He didn't forgive one of our sins because He didn't know about it, we wouldn't be able to get into heaven, because breaking His law in one point is as breaking every single law. He knows all of our sins, so He is able to forgive ALL OF THEM! That is a comfort!


17 "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee."

Wow! To think that God thinks of me that often. And how much do I think of Him?

23 "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."


What a request! "God, look into the deep dark closest of my heart, and find all the wickedness that I have stored up in there." How many of us would actually request such a thing? Yet, that's what David did, and it was a good thing. God WANTS to cleanse our hearts of all the "wicked way(s)" that we have hidden in our hearts and thoughts, but we are afraid to admit that we have any sin that needs to be taken care of. But GOD ALREADY KNOWS THAT SIN! We don't have anything to hide, because He already knows about it all. He has already searched us; now, He wants us to search ourselves so we can confess our sin and be right with Him.

No comments: